Season’s Greetings from the Blackwall Barn & Lodge!
We wanted to take a moment to wish all of our valued patrons Happy Holiday’s and a prosperous New Year! The Holidays are a time for tradition and for family and friends to gather, celebrate, eat, drink and be Merry! Many families gather around the kitchen to prepare their favorite recipes. We consider all of you part of our extended family and we wanted to share one of our favorite recipes with you!
- 1 loaf country-style French bread with crust, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 5 oz Cremini Mushrooms
- 5 oz Shitaki Mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread bread on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Melt 10 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion and saute for 5-6 minutes. Add green onions, celery, all the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté until celery is tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease a large skillet or baking dish. Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Add warm vegetable mixture; toss to combine.
- Whisk eggs and 3/4 cup broth in medium bowl. Add egg mixture to stuffing and toss to coat. Mix in Parmesan.
- Add more broth (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup) to stuffing if dry. Transfer to skillet or baking dish. Cover with buttered foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
Wonderful recipe. We would all love if the restaurant would provide further recipes from time-to-time.